Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Date Night At The Movies

She tells me that she wants to go see a movie.

“What about this one?”
She says.

“Melancholia by Lars Von Triers.”

“I love Charlotte Gainsbourg!”

“It’s still in production.”
I tell her.

“It’s not even completed...Who knows when and if it will be?”

“It depends on how depressed he gets.”

“But I like the way you think.”

So I propose to her
That I will take her
To that movie
When it shows here
In this country
At some independent theater
In some nameless city.

But she will have to dress up
In some of her finest lingerie
And put on only a raincoat
Or jacket
Over that
And that I’m going to bind her wrists
Behind her
In the bedroom
Before we leave the house.

I tell her that I will open
The car door for her
And help her get in
Holding her arms
And balancing her
Carefully
As she folds back into the passenger seat.

I can see the excitement
In her eyes
As I tell her
How we will drive to the theater
That night...

She so naughty
And beautiful
Sitting across from me.

I’ll park the car in a garage
A block from the theater
And help her get out.

I’ll fall into her eyes
Which is dangerous
And kiss her long.

She will start to get worked up
And I’ll stop
Leading her to the exit
Arms still tied behind her.

We will walk up to the ticket booth
And purchase two tickets.
I’ll hold the door for her
And lead her inside.

To anyone that is curious and observant
They will be able to see everything
That is going on.

A well dressed man
Leading a pretty woman
In high heels
Wearing a simple but expensive coat
With her hands bound behind her.

We are both confident and assure
Paying them no attention.

We smell good.

We’ll stand in line at the concession stand
And when it is our turn
I’ll order soft drinks
And popcorn.

We’ll enter the theater itself
And take our seats.

I’ll be possessed by her
Sitting
Her posture upright
And alert.

I’ll put the straw to her lips
And tell her to take a sip
Asking her to
“Please not ruin your lipstick.”

“We will ruin it later, baby.”

I’ll feed her popcorn
One by one
Kernel by kernel
Placing it directly inside of her mouth.

She’ll chew it slowly
Seductively
Teasing me.

She will wait for me to offer her
Another sip of drink
Her eyes fixed upon the screen
Just ahead.

And we’ll sit there
In that dark theater
In some nameless city.

She with her hands
Bound behind her
Me kissing and touching her
While we watch
“Melancholia”
By
Lars Von Triers.

His masterpiece
Completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment