Sunday, February 9, 2014

Outlaw Looking For A Bed



“I need a bed with a good, hard, strong wood.”
He said with a verbose
Argentinian accent.

While he said this
He raised his forearm
Bent up
At a right angle
Fist clenched
Winking and smiling at me
To make sure
I understood
His erection joke.

I did.

He did this in front of his obese
Sloppy white girlfriend.

In contrast
He was very tan and fit.

A skinny biker dude
With lots of blue-grey tattoos on his arms.

Dressed like a farmer
In jeans
Worn cowboy boots
And a tank tee-shirt
With a cigar box
Tucked into it
Right above his heart.

He wore a frayed straw cowboy hat.

His dirty grey goatee
Hung down about 3” below his chin.

He was centered by
A giant bronze medallion 
Belt buckle.

An unseen cloud
Of cigar smoke
Followed him
As he led his woman around
Looking at the beds on display.

When he found one he liked
He would grab it by the headboard
And give it a good violent shake
Rattling it to it’s core
Aggressively
Like he was wrangling an alligator.

He’d look at his ivory prize
And say something to her in Spanish
Using a firm, controlling
Loud voice
And then laugh 
Pervertedly
Indicating that this bed would not
Hold up to their action.

He’d say a few more things
In Spanish
And move on to the next one
Repeating his previous actions.

Finally
He stopped at one
And it didn’t move
Whatsoever.

Didn’t budge
When he tried to shake it.

“Amigo!”
He called me.

“How much ees thees bed?”

“What size?”
I asked him.

“Size for a king!”
He laughed through cigar teeth and beard.

I told him the price.

“Oh no.”
He said.

“If I told my momma I peed that much for a bed...”

He dragged his finger slowly
Across his throat
Gesturing a slitting.

“I kid you not.”
He caught my surprised grin.

“She made me sleep on the wooden floors with the sheeps and the goats when I was
  a boy!”
He said to me as he left shaking his head.

“The most sturdy bed I ever had my friend!”

2 comments:

  1. This would make great poetic prose, aka flash fiction. I want more story...lees thees cring'ess needing mas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing you read Elizabeth...thanks for the words...

    ReplyDelete