Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Moon Treatment


Weather permitting 
I can be found
In the backyard 
Reclined 
In a tattered lawn chair 
In boxers 
Or an old lover’s bathrobe 
Left behind 
Drink in hand 
Straight up 
Smoking a cheap cigar 
Connecting the dots 
With stars 
Divining new constellations 
And astrological symbols 

Coming to one with 
And accepting 

Welcoming
My inner genius 
With a warm congenial handshake 

People 
Family 
And especially neighbors 
Think I’m fucking 
Missed-the-boat 
Looney toons 

And perhaps I am 

But this moon therapy 
Is healing 

It’s playing a large part 
In my recovery 
My rejuvenation 

Sometimes 
I’ll bring the small transistor out 
And if I can point the antenna 
In the right direction 
I’ll hear all sorts of stuff 
While I sit there 
Breathing out cool air 
Sometimes classical 
Sometimes voices 
Sometimes peaceful static 

That bitch took everything 
I had 
Including my hair 

And now 
Several years later 
I’m healing 
In the moon’s nourishing light 

My hair is growing back 
Salt and pepper 

It’s as if 
Somebody poured bleach 
On all of the stars 

They’re so bright

No comments:

Post a Comment