Tuesday, June 7, 2011

There’s Beauty in Age

Today
I saw an old queen
Walking the streets of my town
Out of drag
In a black tank blouse
Low waist jeans
And sandals.

His waist was kind of pastey white doughy
And I thought it odd
That his jeans were cropped in a ‘V’
Cauliflowered flesh blooming
Right above his pelvis
As I drove past.

I glided by slowly
As anyone would
And noticed
He was wearing
A black thong
Hiked up high above his hips
Pinching that Pillsbury flesh.

I wanted to take a picture of him
So I drove around the block.

Then I realized.

I’m not so far behind him.
Twenty years.

People are gonna think I’m odd
For sure.

I might not be wearing 'V' cut jeans
Or a thong
Or a blouse even

But I will be an odd one to behold
When I’m trying to hold it together
With what I got
Before I kick in
The door of death.

No cameras please.

No comments:

Post a Comment