Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mandrix (Soap)

We called them
‘Soapers’
Or
‘Softies’.

I used to get
The Quaaludes
From my friend Barry
Who had them smuggled in
From Germany.

For a little while
They were my drug of choice.

They made us
Feel so beautiful
That we would kiss them
To our lips
Before putting them
Into our mouths
And swallow
The small lathery tabs.

They delivered.

Plush
Slow motion
Fuzzy at the periphery
Images
Hours long
Of delicate paper pages
Turning in the breeze
One
At a time
Like Super 8
Shutterbug
Film
Clicking through the
Projector gate.

Celluloid spools spinning
In euphoria
Lessening the slack.

You could fuck on them too.

My girl
My best friend
And I
Got down on them.

The three of us
Went at it
With Quaalude-drunk
Abandon
And soft focus
Intuition.

We moved tenderly

While the day
Slipped away slowly
Like the last bit of lather
As it meandered in a trail
Towards
The drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment