Monday, June 25, 2012

Cafe Bustelo


Cafe Bustelo
Bought a brick tonight 
On sale
For $3.25.

It’s been a long while
Since I bought a brick
Of Cafe Bustelo.

The red sale sign
Grabbed me
And then the logo
Followed by the memories
From college.

It was my coffee of choice
Back then.

Affordable.

And when I poured it
From the char-bottomed stove top espresso maker
I felt like I was in Little Havanna
Or Puerto Rico
And I could stay awake
All night
And part of the 
Next day’s classes.

I bought it back then
Because it was cheap
And strong.

It did what it was supposed to do
And tasted good doing it.

Tonight
I bought a brick
Of Cafe Bustelo
For $3.25
Which is still really cheap
For coffee.

I’m on my 86th generation
Stove top espresso maker
Seasoned coffee black-brown at the base.

And Cafe Bustelo
Tastes just pretty damn
Alright to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment