Thursday, January 30, 2014

WILD!



She drives me wild inna her kick of a car.

She takes me places I’ve never been before
Dragging on each other’s cigarettes.

I can faintly taste her bubble gum
On the rouge-stained filter.

We cut through the cold night 
Like a hot double-blade
Singing along to Blossom Dearie on the radio.

She drives with Mae West magnetism
Smiling through pungent red lipstick
Gazing through thick black siren eyelashes
And she smells oh-so-wild from the passenger seat
Like a hungry Jasmine flower.

The interior of the car is a flashing heartbeat
As we pass below the city’s street lights.

I rub her leg at thirty-five
Kiss her ear at forty
Then I’m on her neck
And at fifty-five
We are on a high-speed chase
Back in the 1940’s 
Film noir
Running from the coppers
Laughing
And as I breathe in her platinum hair
I tell her to 

“Give it a punch on the gas!”

“Run the red lights.”
“Go wild, baybee.”

“Go wild!”

No comments:

Post a Comment