Friday, September 30, 2011

Trees In The Garden

I cut down your darkness today
With clippers
And a saw.

Took me seven trips to the dump
To get rid of the
Damp
Depressing
Limbs and leaves
That shouldn’t have been
Planted in the first place.

I questioned you then
While you were burying their roots
Asking what we would do
When the trees grew tall and lofty
And blocked out the sun.

You were the landscaper
Gardener
Mother and foster of plants.

You told me
That
It was okay.

But it wasn’t okay.

I knew it
In my heart.

Everything became
Unmanagable
Spiralling
Outward
Leaving in it’s wake
Despair and destruction.

You’re not here now.

Well...

There’s been a terrific amount of rain
These past few months
And nothing is drying out.

I cut down those
Fucking trees.

They didn’t deserve it
Per se...

But now there is sunlight
Shafting down inbetween houses
Into the garden
Out back.

It feels healthy and warm
Baking my skin
Chasing the mold and mildew
Away.

It’s lighter now.

So much lighter

Like everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment