Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kitten



This adorable smoky grey kitten
Brings me her toys 
Like a puppy
Into the bed
Early morning
Every morning
While I’m drinking
Strong coffee
Waking
To play.

She’s an indoor kitten.

She doesn’t 
Even know 
That when
I walk out of 
That door
That I’m going to have 
To deal with a corporate government.

Police brutality.

Unjust wage wars.

Climate change.

Terrorism.

Factory farming.

Monsanto.

The fact that my son can’t skateboard in public spaces.

Slashing to education and the arts.

Fracking.

Mountaintop removal.

Irresponsible oil spills.

Walmarts and lobbying.

United States policing the rest of the world
Instead of taking care of it’s own.

The failing war on drugs.

Gun related killings.

The fact that we’ll kill a bear
Because it came in our backyard
Which was rightfully theirs
To begin with.

Human overpopulation.

The failure to deal with
Mental disorders
In a practical way.

Racism.

Homophobia.

Consumption.

Arrogance.

Ignorance.

Holier than yours religion.

Trash.

The 1% factor.

Really bad popular music.

And when I walk in the door...

The kitten just wants to play.

She just wants to play.


No comments:

Post a Comment