Friday, August 28, 2015

Good Luck



“Awwwwwww...What a cute dog!”
She exclaimed.

“What kind is he?”

“A Chinese Nazi!”
He replied.

“He’s  smart as hell too...”

“Do you want some good luck?”
He asked her.

“What?...”

“Do you want some good luck?”
He asked her again.

He picked up the small dog
Pulling it into his abdomen
And with his other free hand
He secured
The Chinese Nazi’s 
Small black balls
Between his fingers.

“Go ahead! Rub his balls! They’re good luck!”

“Eeeeewwwwww!!!...”
She said.

“Go ahead. He doesn’t mind.”
He assured her.

“Look how smooth and shiny they are!”
He moved them closer to her.

The mid-day sun reflected 
Off of tight dark grapes.

“Go on.”
I told her.

“It’s no big deal.”

“Noooooooo!!!” 
She said adamantly.

Good romances
Winning lottery tickets
Financial success
Unblemished skin
Fame
Recognition
Health
World travel...

All took wing.

“Hell...I’ll do it!”
I said.

I rubbed the talismans.

At 51 years of age
I’m not one to let
Good luck
Purposely
Elude me.

Truth be told
I could use it more than ever.

I finished
And took my hand away.

The man was right.

The dog didn’t mind at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment