Saturday, August 1, 2015

Blue Moon (Full Moon) (2:30 AM)



I am not a scientist
Or whatever

Nor an astrologist

But I’m in my backyard
Cloaked in mineral blue light
Looking through my telescopes
At the full moon
This last night of July
First morning of August

And I can see 
Where the heavy debris
Of a cow 
Trying to jump
Over the moon
Just didn’t make it

Falling short

Creating the
Tycho Crater

Spreading schrapnel
For hundreds of miles

As the impact 
Of solid calcium
Bovine bones
Skull
And thick scarred flesh
Battered lunar bedrock

Fashioning
Mountains 
Furrows
Canyons
Gorges
And dry empty oceans

Radiating
From Ground Zero
Like vericose veins

While
I may not be
Galilei
Kepler
Ptolemy
Or Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi

It’s right there
In the blue lenses
Of telescopes

I am also reminded
How good the first
Ripe peaches
Of summer taste
As I rotate the fruit
On it’s axis
Exposing the nut of the pit

The core

Syrup pouring down my chin

Throwing the center
Deep into the blue night

The earth never trembling
From it’s impact

No comments:

Post a Comment