Monday, May 3, 2010

Girl At A Bar






If ever the day comes
When you ask me

“What was it about me that first attracted you to me?”

I would have to reply

Firstly
“Your hands”.

And secondly
“Your face”.

There is sculpture in your hands.

I don’t know much about what you do.
I don’t know much about you at all.

But your hands are chiseled
Graphic
Well defined.

Your hands have a strong story.

They are sensuous
And need to be explored more.

As for your face...

I need to explore that more too.

The thin smiling lips
And small bright rice like teeth
Paired well with breathing vital eyes

Lively

Like your conversation

Which

Is the third reason

Why I made 
A phone call
To the number
Scrawled on the back
Of a band announcement
From The Court Tavern

Folded into quarters and
Saved in my pocket

Hoping
That I will discover you even more

And give you a better
Reason
Why I was attracted
To you
In the first place at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment