Monday, April 26, 2010

Sea Witch





“I love you”
She said.

And then wrapped her tentacled arms around me
Pulling me down below the surface
Fathoms deep.

She said it was for love.

She said it was for love
And I trusted her.

She kissed me hard
Salty slippery tongue darting
Through her oyster pearl teeth.

Maybe
She really did not know
That I would not survive
Without oxygen.

I held on to that kiss
Hoping that I would
Be able to breathe.

She might not have realized
That with the speed that she
Was taking me down in those waters
That I was experiencing the bends
As she dragged me deeper
Even more quickly
Caught up in the passion.

Her seaweed entangled hair
Rinsing about me is
Probably the last
Concious moments
That I can recall.

I have to wonder if she gave me a funeral
Before they found my body
Bloated and blue
Horseflies a buzzing
Lying with the shells and starfish
And driftwood
On the beach
After high tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment