Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Cyclist With Cows In Sunset



Coming up on a berm
Just past the 
Mountainview Youth Correctional Facility
Past the waste transfer station
Outside of Annandale

I saw a cyclist
With his bike parked on the side 
Of the road.

He was laying down 
On the shoulder 
In front of his bike
As I pulled up.

He was wearing 
Bright biker gear
Bent down
Laying 
In position
Halfway across the road
With a camera
Taking photos
Of a group of cows
Herded up to a fence
With the sun setting 
Behind him.

I slowed to a stall.

As I passed him
I  knew that 
He was taking a perfect photo.

The sun was hitting the animals
In just the right way.

I thought about
Stopping
And eventually
Turning around
To take 
That perfect photo
With him.

But I knew
That it was
Not fruitful.

For neither him
Nor myself.

He was there first.

He had the balls
To carry a camera
With him
While he was riding a bike
Through 
Back-country roads
And lay down 
In the left lane
To grab that shot.

It was his alone
And he took it.




No comments:

Post a Comment