Friday, March 7, 2014

Torture



I stepped on a piece of glass
On the marble floor
In the bathroom
And jumped
Onto my other foot
Quickly pulling the shard out
Of the flesh of my sole
Watching the blood trickle
Onto the white below.

It was part of the tube of a small vile.

In the back of my head
Running like a poor quality homemade movie
I saw you several days before
Standing at the bathroom sink
Getting ready for work.

I was in the shower.

You pulled back the curtain.

“I dropped a glass vial and it broke.”
You told me.
“I’ll have to vacuum it up later.  I’m running late.”

I stop the bleeding
And wipe up the spattered blood.

I text you
“Stepped on glass in bathroom.”

Moments pass.

“OMG!  I think it’s my fault.  That tiny bottle I dropped and forgot to vacuum.”

“I know.  I’ll live.  ;) ”
I replied.

“There’s worse ways you can hurt me.”

“And better.  ;-P”

No comments:

Post a Comment