Saturday, July 11, 2015

The End Of A 20 Year Marriage



At the end
In the middle 
Of fucking

She would ask

Not

"When are you going to cum?"

But

“When are you going to join a gym?”

Mind you

I wasn’t in bad shape.

I’ve been fortunate enough
To look around me
At other men
The same age
And thought to myself

“They look so much older.”

I continuously
Get disbelief.

“You look like you’re in your late thirties.”

Or generously

“I thought you were in your thirties.”

Even with grey showing in my goatee.

I realize now
Looking back

That she wasn’t happy with herself

And projecting that on me
To make herself feel better.

I knew then 
In the middle of intimacy
That it was over.

You can only listen to that song
On repeat
For so long.

Fucking had become formulaic
And demeaning.

Seven years on

I’m going to the gym
Because I want to.

And I fuck like a champion
Going for the gold medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment