Friday, July 17, 2015

White Light



She falls asleep upstairs
Smelling of
Fresh picked lavender

Her naked body
Braided within
Majenta sheets
Adorned with a purple
Moorish pattern
Found on Berber pillows
Or Moroccan caravan tents

Her skin
Carved soapstone

Smooth

Breathing

In reflection
Of the moon’s white light
Tonight

I remember white light

I drift past the screen door
Of the front porch downstairs
Into the same white light
To walk the dog

Into a town 
Of bioluminescence

There is a sweet breeze

I distantly recall
White light confection

Perfection

Swirly dreams
And flashbacks

I listen to the throaty drone
Of a shovelhead 
Not shifting
Hitting it up the hill of a county road
A few blocks from where I was standing

The dog and I listen
To this soundtrack
Of white light night

Assured that it didn’t 
Disturb her sleep
A few blocks away
On a second floor

After I walk this dog

I will return to her

To magenta
And soapstone

And the smell of lavender

Bathed in the cinematic

No comments:

Post a Comment