Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bluejay



“SHIT!”

Something hit me on the head
Hard
WITHOUT warning
Grabbing my hair
Violently.

I heard wings thrashing
And shrill screaming.

He came at me again.

“SHIT! MOTHERFUCKER!”

Within seconds
He got me a second time.

I looked up to see him
Dive bombing again
Fast and determined
From a tree branch
About 15 feet up.

I didn’t have the seconds in me.

“SONUVABITCH!”

He got me a third time.

Now I was pissed
And I knew he was committed.

I grabbed a broom 
Off of the porch
And held it up in front of me
Eight feet up in the air
Like a divining shaman
Praying loudly.

“You muthafucka, cut that shit out!”

He dove straight for me
Again
Several times
But I got that broom in the way
And split him off.

He got wise 
Real fast.

He veered off sharply
Knowing that I was crayzee
And would knock the pasty white shit out of him
If he kept it up.

And
So it went like that
For a little bit.

Each of us testing
The other
Until we finally made peace
And settled things
Between us

Respectfully

And moved on
To the next chore
That needed to be done
Not bothering
Each other
At all.


No comments:

Post a Comment