Saturday, May 5, 2012

Butterfly Collection



Somehow I have a drawerful of panties
Bestowed upon me
From women 
That have come into my bedroom
And left.

I have never once asked for them.

They would just appear
The next day
Or the day after
While I was making the bed
Or vacuuming 
Under the dresser.

Like
Lovely tokens
Proudly left at the threshold
By the house cat 

Or ‘pussy’.

Someday
I would like to assemble the collection
In a large shadow box
Spreading each delicate fold of a wing
Pinning it to the board
With thin insect archival pins
Articulating each piece of lace
Each colored fold of silk.

The body open in the center.

The heart.

I would put a hand cut 
Piece of paper
Under each one
On which would be hand scripted
The latin genus name...

“Insanis Corvus Flavaque Pullus”

“Fera Nymphomania C Omnes Nighter”

“Mulier Qui Probaverunt Ut Clausus”

“Nivis Albedinem Femina”

“Fortis Emissarius Firma Asinum”

“Screamer Magnifica”

“Lunam Virgo”

Each personal specie worthy of exhibition.

A central point on a wall

At the MOMA
The Guggenheim
The Louvre...

The Musee d’Orsay
The Tate Modern
And Museo Del Prado.

Their devout white walls

More stunning
And powerful

More magnificent
Than my top left dresser drawer.




No comments:

Post a Comment