Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Lilac



A fifty year old lilac bush
Grows forty feet tall
And reaches in
Through the cracked windows
Groping over the duvet
Pushing a frond of uber-fragrant blooms
Into my face
While I’m sleeping.

The perfume
Is inebriating
Giving rise to a drugged slumber
So deep
Dreams passed by in a blurred
Half-lidded vision
Like a dog’s head
Hanging out of a window
At sixty miles per hour
The dream-landscape being smeared out
Like wet tempura
Across a palette.

Breath slowed to a still rate
Inhaling the woozy pool
Of lilac
Germinating in the still bedsheets.

I woke up
Disoriented
And numb.

It felt like a narcotic hangover.

It wasn’t until I was getting dressed
That I noticed my wallet 
Was gone.

You sultry seductress bitch!

Hope you buy yourself
Something nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment