Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cherry



White to bleeding pink flora
Soft in color 
Like Himalayan sea salt
Fall like snow
In seventy degree 
April weather
In my backyard.

I witness this
Lazily
On a Tuesday morning
Outside my bedroom windows.

I have off...

And I can only just watch
The spin-dry cycle hail
Of cherry blossoms descend
Like the Royal Ballet
In petal-fragments
From my bed
Guilt free gratitude
Sipping a very hot
Stove-top latte
Whilst naked
Being careful
Not to spill.

The falling flowers
Rest the demons inside.

Even those found
Still loitering
So early in the morning.

Left over
From the night and day previous
Still wrestless and writhing.

White to bleeding pink flora
Flit about like large 
Delicately falling
Origami paper partridges.

As if a silent breezy movie
Was chattering by
Teeth
Catching the notches
Cut into thick celluloid
Moving past the film gate
Then the lens
Of the dozen candied glass window panes
In my room
Embering
From the morning sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment