Thursday, April 22, 2010

Clover






To hear you

Singing your songs

Early in the morning

As they spill from your

Third floor window down

Across the porch roof

And into my window

Sometimes waking me up


Is such a remarkable way

To start my day

Before coffee.


They are your songs

Or songs of people that you like

But it is your personal spirit

That makes these sonnets

So momentous to hear

Amongst the silence

Of morning

Amidst the waking of birds.


And I lay and listen

In my bed

Sometimes

For a half an hour

As you get dressed.


It gives me peace

To know that you are free

To be you

And sing these songs

As loudly and as off key

As you want to.


JK!


You have a beautiful voice

And I am touched

Deeply

As you sing

Chris Brown, Lilly Allen, Taylor Swift

And Paramour.


People or groups that I have no connection with

At all...


Except for the distant voice

Of my daughter

High in her messy haven

Singing for no one

But herself

And a remote

But appreciative

Audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment