Thursday, April 22, 2010

There’s A Whole Lotta Pink

Goin’ On In My Bathroom






Since when did you turn

From a little girl

Into a young woman?


Overnight

It seems

That my bathtub

Is overcome by pink moisturizer

Pink shampoo and conditioner

Pink face cleanser

With ‘Bursting Beads That Wake You Up’.


There’s pink shaving cream

That smells like strawberry

With several different types

Of pink razors

Strewn about

Because you have to find

Which one works the best

Shaving the hair off of your

Thirteen year old legs.


There is scrub

And hairbands

Nailpolish

And your underwear

Lying on the floor

After every shower.


All of it pink.


It would appear to me

My daughter

That in the blink of an eye

I am unprepared


Much as a girlfriend moving in


For the takeover

Of my masculinity

To be so apparent


So

Out of control


So

Overwhelming


So

Pink.


No comments:

Post a Comment