Thursday, April 22, 2010

Jasper





Sometimes

You ask to sleep in my bed.

And other nights we might fall asleep

Reading a story together.


I remember when I used to carry you

Around with one arm

Until my arm felt like it would fall off.

Yet I would continue to hold you

Out of selfish pleasure.


And now your four foot white frame

Is sleeping twisted next to me

Dreaming boy dreams

Of superheroes, legos, pirates, bugs and dirt.


I put my arm around you and hold you.

I feel your bones rise and fall.


You are a beautiful boy.


I know our lives are different now.

I wonder how you must feel

Being a boy of few words.

But I want you to know...

And I promise you this:


My world to you is of pure love.

I will do anything for you,

To bring you peace and understanding

As our lives continue forward together.


My bed can be your cocoon

On nights like these.


You slumber tonight near an open window.


This beautiful night

Slips in with the breeze

And softly moves

Your long blonde hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment