Thursday, April 22, 2010

NY Thruway





I’m not gonna lie.

I missed not one

But two exits on the thruway

And I was an hour late.


I was wrapped up in your soft thighs and ankles,

Brown sculpted back and arms,

Long neck and throat.

The way that you tasted on the end of my tongue.


I thought about how you looked so beautiful

After so much time.


You were there today

The same person that I had wanted a long time ago.

Tanned and laughing as you threw

Weeds down my shirt.


We had lunch and talked and became familiar.


Maybe we were too beautiful

For that small waterfront

But I didn’t notice.

I was there for you. Completely.


When I missed the first exit

I thought about how I just wanted to turn the car around

And find you

To lay you down in the shade of a tree again

And do the things that we really wanted to do.


And as I drove past the second exit

I’m sure I was remembering how pretty your ass

Felt in my hands

As you were bending into your car

And I know now that

I must and will make this drive again.


No comments:

Post a Comment