Thursday, April 22, 2010

Safari Princess

Where are you now
My little reggae queen?
I can hear the living forest out there
Waiting for us.

I want to bend you
Part your tender folds.

I want to wrap myself
Around your Montego sun
And burn to brown.

From which trees do you hang?
In which gardens do you hide?
Where magic and phone calls
Cannot reach you.

Jah commah your cheerful glow.
Jah bombah your bright carnival colors
Waving to the throbbing bass
Drenched in reverb and echoe
Dub stylee.

Jah blessah your lotus kisses
That smooth my impatience
And seal our dread love bond.

Where are you now
My Rastafari high?

I want to be your kingman
The guard at your gate.

I want to pogo a go go
And seethe in your sultry, earthy scent
Of sweat, jungle grass, pimento and palm.

To lose you now
Would be to lose this
Beating onnah my drum.

No comments:

Post a Comment