Thursday, April 22, 2010

Phd

When I was around eight years old
I was caught by my mother
Playing doctor with a girl up the street.

I wish I could say
That I really had ambitions
Of being a doctor
But to those that know me
You know better than that.

Yes, my mother did call the girl’s mother and rat me out.

And this past year
I went on my computer
And went to the Google search button
And saw
‘Nekkid grls’.
In kids spelling.

I approached my son,
Because I know I didn’t do it,
My spelling is a lot better.

He is coincidentally eight,
And he of course denied it.

I am sure he felt much like I did
When I got caught
And thank God I didn’t have a mom to call
Because I would have.

Instead we had a father/son chat
That I think turned out rather well.

I don’t think Jasper has any interest
In becoming a doctor,
Though time will tell.

I think
That, he like his father
At eight years old
Was curious about

‘Nekkid grls’.

No comments:

Post a Comment