Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Rilly Likah You

But I Ain’t Gonna

Learn To Appreciate

Huey Lewis And The News

Or

The Bangles






I had a lot of fun with you at the party tonight.


We ate grilled goat, briskett, poached salmon

Calamari, corn, potatoe salad

And lots of other hearty food.


We had some drinks

And peed in a derelict ghetto bathroom.


We watched a haphazard fireworks display

That left cinders in my eye

And paper in your hair

With a lot of smoke everywhere.


You met some of my lunatic friends

And seemed to have a good time also.


Once in a while I suddenly vanished

Talking to people

That I ran into

Catching up

Embellishing conversations

With my black sense of humor.


But I found you there

On the stone ‘dancefloor’

Down by the riverfront

And I danced with you

In my bare feet

Until the cover band stopped playing

At some point during the night.


It was a really nice evening.


You’re a sexy dancer

And me...

I’m just crazy.


I really like you a lot.



But

It pains me to know that

You are loading your Ipod

With Rick Springfield, Duran Duran, Naked Eyes

And Survivor.


I know, I know...

It is your Ipod.


But it hurts

To think that the reason

For our possible future break up

Would be that I heard

“Manic Monday” or

“Walk Like An Egyptian”

One too many times.


That I would snap finally at

“Do You Believe In Love”

And look at you with a tear in my eye

As I say goodbye

During the overplayed

And unbearable

Melody of

“If This Is It”.


No comments:

Post a Comment