Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lover







This poem is waiting there

Inside

Patiently

Like a lover

To be written.


As I sit on my front porch

With a tumbler of rum

The rain cascades down around me

And the night presses up to my grasp

Just several feet in distance

Just outside of the golden glow

Of the two front windows.


I think about this poem

As I would a lover

While I listen to the rain

Fall upon the sidewalk

And pavement.


I am yearning to be with her.


I wish to sculpt her.

Shape words

Into a vision.

I want to feel her

And let speech just fall out of my mouth

Spontaneously

Into her ear.


I desire to paint her body

With my tongue

And raise goosebumps

Upon her flesh

With my fingers.


To smell her intimately

And act upon it.


I finish the tumbler of rum

And step inside

To a lover

Waiting.


And with my mind, body and soul

I finish this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment