Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Flicker







I remember a moment

When you and I

Alone

Conquered the night

In my beat up ‘74 Chevy Nova

With some Moroccan food

And homemade wine

Which made us giggle and the moon disappear

Behind luminous clouds.


Under the blanket of night

And the flicker of passing streetlamps

I knew that I wanted you.


I wanted that sarcastic laugh.

I wanted to forever smell your earthy falling hair.

I wanted those legs that went on and on.

I wanted you to know the limitlessness

And the depths, the pangs

The intensity...

Of how I wanted to forever feel your presence.

Of how I always wanted to feel your

Breath on the side of my face

While we slept.


And on the drive home

The windows were open.

The night rushed in at just the right speed.

Your teeth would flash in between words and smiles.

And the radio was playing just the right songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment