Thursday, April 22, 2010

Half Moon - Version 1.2






I was driving home

And noticed how beautiful

The half moon looked tonight

With loose feathery clouds

Dancing in front of it.


In a telescopic moment

This would’ve been a drop your pants

Thrill for me.


I didn’t have my telescope.


But I texted you to let you know

Of the importance

Of the occassion

Because it was something not to be missed.


You texted me back

“I’ll give you a half moon”


And I’m sure you would.


But I’ve seen your ass

And it’s perfect

And I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing

Half of your ass.


But it wouldn’t stop there.


I can view the moon

Through my own eye

Or through a telescope

At any stage or phase and be filled

With desire and bewilderment


The moon is not wavering.


It is a dead satellite in a cold black sky

Reflecting light like a mirror.


It will only give what it can give.


Where as you...


My friend...



I am sure that I wouldn’t settle for a half moon.


And I’m sure you wouldn’t either.


Our moments together

Are so much more magnificent

Than that.


We discover and explore

But we go way beyond

The telescope.


We like some others

See beauty

And reach out

To take in all that it has to offer.


We are there on the cusp

And we push forward

Past the mere seduction of the moon

To better and even more perfect things.


And while I appreciate your sentiment

Even jokingly

It just wouldn’t be

That way.


I just couldn’t view

A half moon

With you

And settle.


No comments:

Post a Comment