Thursday, April 22, 2010

I Made A Mistake And Ordered

The Hot Open Faced

Turkey Sandwich






Is turkey gravy supposed to be bright yellow?


It doesn’t taste like ANYTHING.


I thought

How could you go wrong

In a diner

If you order the

Hot open faced turkey sandwich?


I was prepared for

The mashed potatoes out of a box

But...


I should have known

Just by their matzoh ball soup

That I should’ve ordered breakfast instead.


The whole scene is so television like.


The Greek owner seats everybody

Showing them to their table

But does he really think he’s fooling anyone?

Does he think that it is not obvious

That he puts shoepolish

On his bald spot and thinning hair

To keep the waitresses thinking

That he’s younger than he is?


And the muzak is terrible.

A mix of top 40

And 70’s smooth classics.

SCHMALTZY!


This shit

Was expensive too!

It ended up at $13.00

Including tip

But I’ll tell you what

I could’ve gotten

Way better food

For a lot less

Somewhere else.


I’m never coming here again.


I came here

‘Cause I thought I could

Spread out some ideas

And write.


And now...I know I should’ve ordered eggs.


If I ever came here again

And they fucked that up

I’d really be pissed.


Mr. Shoepolish Head

Would definitely

Get an earful

Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment