Thursday, April 22, 2010

Tammy




I was still in a dream

As I climbed your grand staircase.

I had just finished taking a piss in the bathroom

On the second floor.


The burning incense

Thick and intoxicating

Entered my veins easily

As the Virgin Prunes played their lusty grind music on your stereo.


We were fiery animals!

What violent love we shared.

I could still taste you on my lips

As I reached your dimly lit bedroom.


And I really was in a dream.

I was light as the morning sun now trying to break through

The dusty windows of your house.


I was still gone on the heroin

And I could hear your birds singing

From the tropiary high on the fourth floor.

Classical piano drifted from one of your friends rooms from above

And fell down the stairs like powder at my feet.


I could imagine you behind the door

Lying naked in the warming morning sun

Sebastianne lying just above your head.

There would be an occasional flinch of his black tail.

You’re both remarkably beautiful.


And when I opened the bedroom door


You were.

No comments:

Post a Comment