Thursday, April 22, 2010

Outgoing Message






I really just want to be with you

And say the things that I want to say

To those incredible eyes

And hear your response

Pass through those unequalled thin lips


But when I can’t

I’ll settle

For dialing your number

So that I can talk to you

And hear your voice and laugh

In real time

Even though the reception where you are

Is shit

And your voice and laugh

Can cut out

Making it difficult

To have a conversation other than

“What did you say?”

“I didn’t hear that last thing”

“You’re breaking up again”


And when you don’t pick up

Or you’re on another call

And your voicemail picks up


I have to be honest

And say


I love your message

And I love the way your voice

Sounds on the other

End of the phone


And it is just what I needed to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment