Thursday, April 22, 2010

Literary Hero®






Last night

I played Literary Hero®

Over at a friend’s house.


It’s like Guitar Hero®

But for word geeks

Like us.


I chose ‘Bukowski’

As my character

‘Cause he’s one of my fav’s.


I even drank a few beers

To his credit.


Mind you

I hate video and computer games

So I wasn’t very enthusiastic

As I stepped up

To the cheap plastic microphone

And read his poem

‘Style’.


Much like Buk’s

Lack of enthusiasm

For one of his own readings

(It’s well documented).


The system gave me a high score.


I continued to drink

And became bored

And beligerent with the

Stupid game.


I kept reading, advancing to the next level

Scoring higher and higher

As I cursed and slurred my words.


I was really starting

To get pissed off.


Until finally...


I gave up...


I grabbed the plastic microphone stand

And broke it in half

Then I turned around and dropped my pants

To a cheering

And disorderly audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment